For IT experts, building file storage clusters is a challenging process using conventional technology.For IT experts, building file storage clusters is a challenging process using conventional technology:
- You often need to choose similar hardware components from one vendor.
- When your existing hardware runs out of capacity you might need to buy new hardware, because systems are not scalable.
- You need special software to create failover strategies or backup scenarios.
- If files shall be accessible from different locations, you will need to build VPN connections
- All systems involved need to be configured to communicate with each other
|This “usual” setup is costly, time-consuming, often has single points of failure involved and needs experts for planning, setup and maintenance.
We took these facts into account when developing our file storage product.
The idea is to have an unlimited amount of storage units that can have various sizes or performance parameters which can act independently, but form a cluster for file storage.
With a built-in intelligence, these storage devices find each other autonomously, even through routers or firewalls.
Web management platform
We use the regular filesystem of the operating system so that file content is always accessible, even if our app does not run.
You can decide if certain folders should be redundant on many nodes or if just 2 nodes are sufficient.
Using the same software in the accessing clients, you will find virtual folders representing the content on your access devices. Our app switches to the best reachable content node automatically with regard to geo location and/or if a node is down.